Join Dance To Be Free in the New York City Dance Parade
And help us bring the healing power of DANCE to women in prison
Colorado-based non-profit, Dance To Be Free, has been invited to participate in the New York City Dance Parade this May in NY, NY. Come dance down Broadway with us, raise funds and visibility for the mission of bringing cathartic, healing dance to women in prison across America.
HOW IT WORKS
What is the Dance?
DTBF is calling all sassy, fun peeps who love to move & shake their groove thing, to dance with us in the NYC Dance Parade, Saturday May 18, 2019.
We will line up for the parade at approximately 10am and be complete around 2pm.
There is a recommended yet optional live rehearsal Friday May 17th from 6:30 – 8:00pm, and a VIP reception from 8:00-9:30pm.
Who can Dance?
Anyone! We welcome dancers of all walks of life and backgrounds. We ask that you learn 4 songs of accessible, fun choreography, able to walk / dance approximately 2 miles, and support the mission of DTBF through a donation.
What do I Get if I Dance?
With your registration, you will receive:
- Four short songs of simple Dance To Be Free choreography to learn
- Entrance to the New York City Dance Parade with the Dance To Be Free Group
- Live Rehearsal the evening before the parade
- Dance To Be Free Swag Bag, including DTBF T-Shirt to wear in the parade (& customize to your liking!)
- Opportunity to dance in the Dance Parade Festival in Tompkins Square Park following the parade
- 501c3 Tax ID deductible receipt letter
- Epic NYC photo opportunities, unbridled joy, and the satisfaction of making a difference in imprisoned women’s lives
What do I get if I choose VIP?
All of the above plus:
- Post-Rehearsal champagne reception & Customize your T-Shirt party
- Special VIP colors and accessories
What if I want to support but can’t make it LIVE?
If you’re unable to join us in New York for the parade but wish to contribute to this powerful mission, you can SPONSOR A DANCER by following the registration donation link below. Indicate you are “Sponsor a Dancer” in the Order Notes on checkout.
How Do I Register?
Registration fees run on a sliding scale between $67 and $197. 100% of the proceeds go directly to the mission of bringing cathartic dance to women in prison.
All donors contributing at or beyond $127 are registered at the VIP level.
First: Make your registration donation by clicking the button below
- The button opens a “Name Your Own Donation” page, with a editable, suggested donation of $400. You may enter in your selected donation amount, based on the registration parameters above.
- On the checkout page in the Additional Information, Order Notes (optional) section, please write “Dance Parade”
Second: Within 24-hours of your registration donation, you’ll receive a form to fill out and submit.
Third: Check your inbox for the choreography videos, download the music, and have fun dancing!
Free Dance Class Download!
Sign up for our emails and get ONE free class taught by Lucy! All of the choreography comes from our 13 prisons!